Unit 1012 Cover Photo

Unit 1012 Cover Photo

Friday, January 10, 2014

IN MEMORY OF LILLIAN MONTGOMERY (DIED: JANUARY 10, 1977) (HER KILLER WAS EXECUTED IN ALABAMA ON AUGUST 5, 2004)



Unit 1012 will remember Lillian Montgomery who was murdered by James Hubbard on January 10, 1977. Hubbard was executed in Alabama on August 5, 2004. James Hubbard had earlier served a prison sentence for murder before he was paroled to kill Lillian. Let us hear from Lillian’s son, Jimmy Montgomery:


"I tell you what, I would have liked to have seen the electric chair in use today, or maybe even a firing squad," said Jimmy Montgomery, the 66-year-old son of Lillian Montgomery. "He looked like he died too peacefully to me. I would have liked to have seen him suffer a little more, the way mama did. That would have given me a bit more satisfaction. But I am glad to see this part of our life end.”

"It took a while for this to happen -- 26 years, but I never did give up," Jimmy Montgomery said. "I'm glad the state came through for our family. There's no way I wanted to walk the streets of Tuscaloosa and see him walk by me. He can't hurt anyone else now.”

No comments:

Post a Comment