Unit 1012 Cover Photo

Unit 1012 Cover Photo

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

IN LOVING MEMORY OF SARAH PATTERSON (DIED: 30 APRIL 1997) (THE KILLER, BOBBY WAYNE WOODS EXECUTED IN TEXAS ON 3 DECEMBER 2009)



On this date, 30 April 1997, 11-year-old Sarah Patterson was murdered by Bobby Wayne Woods. He was executed by lethal injection in Texas on 3 December 2009. Let us not forget Sarah and thank God that another child killer was executed.


Sarah Patterson
Summary: In the early morning hours Woods went to the home of his ex-girlfriend, Schwana Patterson, 35, who had had kicked him out a few days earlier. Her two children, 11-year-old Sarah and 9-year-old Cody, were sleeping inside. Woods crawled through an open window into the children's bedroom. He grabbed Sarah's foot and began beating her chest, then sexually molested her. Woods then forced both children to leave through the window in their nightclothes, put them in his car, and drove to a cemetery. There, he beat and stomped Cody on the head and strangled him. With Cody unconscious, Woods then drove away with Sarah. Cody survived. Based on Cody's statement, police found Woods and asked him where Sarah was, hoping to find her alive. Woods answered, "You will not find her alive. I cut her throat." He then led them to her body.

QUOTE 1: “I’m not a person that likes harm done to anybody, but I believe in justice being done,” Larry Patterson said after watching his daughter’s killer die. “She had no choice. She didn’t get a second chance.”

QUOTE 2: “I put this behind me a lot of years ago,” said Cody Patterson, now 21, who stood outside the prison and chose not to see Woods die. “It has been a long time coming. I’m glad to know it’s done. I knew it was going to be done sooner or later. “I seen his picture... That’s all I wanted to see,” he said, adding that he recovered from his injuries and that nightmares about the attack have stopped, but that he still had “the scars on the back of my head.”

AUTHOR: Family members of Sarah Patterson, who was murdered by Bobby Wayne Woods on 30 April 1997. He was executed by lethal injection in Texas on 3 December 2009.

11 comments:

  1. The whole community came to gather to search for Sarah before he lead the police to her body. The graveyard where he dumped Cody was just across the field from our house so I ended up talking that field at 10 PM after watching the news in hopes of finding her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are a few things missing from this story. But most important, Justice was served. I still pray for you Cody and think of Sarah and you often. I'll always miss my childhood friend. ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey cody my sister was your sisters best friend as a kid her name is breeAnn i dont know if u remember since you were so young

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you also have a brother they called Lil Bobby?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cathy do you also have a brother that they called little Bobby?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Message me on facebook cathy lopez from kansas city picture of me and my son

    ReplyDelete
  7. There's not a day that I don't think about that day I seen it on the news. my sister's were friends with Sarah and I went to school with Cody. I keep Sarah and Cody in my prayers. Hope Cody has a good life.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sad day in Granbury history. Sad that I always drove by the spot where she was found and never knew it. So glad that Cody was found alive and able to testify.

    ReplyDelete