Unit 1012 Cover Photo

Unit 1012 Cover Photo

Saturday, March 14, 2020

REMEMBERING 19-YEAR-OLD ROOS VERSCHUUR

Roos Verschuur


               
            We, the members of Unit 1012: The VFFDP, will not forget 19 year old Roos Verschuur and the victims of the 2019 Utrecht Tram Shooting on March 18, 2019. Let us remember how she lived on the earth.

  


Remembered: A friend shared this photograph of 19-year-old Roos Verschuur, who was killed in the tram attack in Utrecht


Roos Verschuur, 19, worked as a waitress in a snack bar in the suburb of Vianen and was caught up in the attack travelling through the city on her day off.   Miss Verschuur's boyfriend Wilmar Ijskes has today spoken of his grief, and told MailOnline: ‘She was beautiful and she was strong. 'She was my lovely girlfriend. This is a terrible tragedy.

'Roos was a very happy girl. Why would anybody do this to her?'

He said she had helped him greatly after he was struck by a lorry, breaking his right leg which has led to him having to use a mobility scooter until his injuries have healed.

Leonardo Hopstaken, an executive at the offices of the snack bar where she worked said: ’There is a great level of grief. People have been in tears.

‘We have closed the restaurant today and probably will tomorrow too in respect.’

A friend of the murdered teenager posted a picture of her on Facebook and said: 'Dear Roos... Words are too short... Much too young and still in the prime of life. Always in my memory girlfriend.'   


Neighbor raises nearly €70,000 for Utrecht shooting victim's funeral

The neighbor of 19-year-old Roos Verschuur, one of three people killed in a shooting on 24 Oktoberplein in Utrecht on Monday, launched a crowdfunding campaign to raise money for the young woman's funeral. Within a day nearly 70 thousand euros was donated. While nothing will bring Roos back, neighbor Martje Beniest wants to do what she can to make things easier for Roos's father, she said to RTL Nieuws.

"She was happy, cheerful, open, sweet. And also a bit crazy", Beniest said to the broadcaster.

Roos lived with her father in Vianen. "My neighbor does not have a lot. I know everything that comes with a funeral. I want to help him so that he doesn't get any more financial problems", she said. "Roos was his everything, the apple of his eye. This is something I had to do for him. I hope that he can focus more on mourning. He must and should be sad. He must not worry about the cents. So he can say goodbye without worry."

The crowdfunding campaign was launched on Tuesday afternoon with the goal to raise a thousand euros. By 1:00 p.m. on Wednesday, it already raised 67.671 euros. 

"I did this in consultation with him", Beniest told RTL. "Of course he wanted to do it on his own as a father, but that's not possible."


OTHER LINKS:

René Verschuur verloor dochter Roos bij tramaanslag Utrecht: 'Ze ging nooit met de tram, nooit'



VIDEO:

1 comment:

  1. My ex-husband and I had always managed to stay friendly after our divorce in February 2017. But I always wanted to get back together with him, All it took was a visit to this spell casters website last December, because my dream was to start a new year with my husband, and live happily with him.. This spell caster requested a specific love spell for me and my husband, and I accepted it. And this powerful spell caster began to work his magic. And 48 hours after this spell caster worked for me, my husband called me back for us to be together again, and he was remorseful for all his wrong deeds. My spell is working because guess what: My “husband” is back and we are making preparations on how to go to court and withdraw our divorce papers ASAP. This is nothing short of a miracle. Thank you Dr Emu for your powerful spells. Words are not enough. here is his Email: emutemple@gmail.com or call/text him on his WhatsApp +2347012841542

    He is also able to cast spell like 1: Lottery 2: Conceive 3: Breakup 4: Divorce 5: Cure for all kinds of diseases and viruses.

    ReplyDelete